Incorporation, Records & Other Corporate Law Services in Ottawa
You deserve maximum value from your business.
A corporate entity can be a valuable asset if you handle it wisely. Francis Lawyers assists you through the process of incorporation, helps you set up your records, manages your corporation’s legal transactions, and works with you through the dissolution of your business should it arise. If you wish, our Ottawa corporate lawyers will work with your accountant to maximize your earning potential and tax advantages.
Do you need a corporate lawyer in Ottawa for legal advice? Do you need business or corporate legal services? If you have said yes to either of these two questions, then you are in the right place. On this page, you will learn about the Francis Lawyers law firm and the corporate legal services they offer in Ottawa.
To begin, Francis Lawyers LLP is a reputable law firm that offers all types of corporate legal services to help clients achieve their set objectives. The law firm has experienced corporate and business lawyers who are ready to provide legal services. They can minimize legal risk and support strategic decisions.
Typical corporate law clients
Francis Lawyers act for all types of business and corporate clients. Clients include franchisors, franchisees, start-up companies, real estate ventures, construction companies, IT firms, media houses, retailers, and family entrepreneurs. We also act as sole proprietors.
Our lawyers work with experts from various fields who provide the necessary support to achieve the best legal outcomes with regard to commercialization, accounting, commercial mortgages, raising capital, and so on.
If you are in business you should consider incorporating to aid in risk management or to enjoy tax advantages.
Business and corporate legal services offered
If you are looking to establish a business in Ottawa, you should work with us. This is because we have business lawyers who have experience assisting business people in choosing the best structure for their business while considering efficiency, accounting, tax, and personal liability issues.
In all cases where a business is not a sole proprietorship, a shareholder agreement may be helpful. This is often ignored, especially in partnerships. However, shareholder agreements are crucial because they help prevent issues with regard to ownership interests, financing, and voting rights.
Sale or purchase of a business
Our corporate lawyer in Ottawa can help with the sale or purchase of a business. In case of the sale or purchase of a business, Francis Lawyers can help with:
* Providing legal opinions
* Closing deals to prevent surprises
* Structuring transactions
* Negotiating offers
* Evaluating potential deals
Continuing legal services
In business situations that demand continuing legal attention, you should consider hiring us. One of our experienced corporate lawyers can provide a continuing legal presence in your business for as long as you require one.
All the business and corporate legal services we offer
Below are the corporate law services we offer:
– Business formation for all types of businesses including corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships
– Business legal advice or opinions
– Formation of nonprofits
– Corporate reorganization or restructuring
– Acquisition strategies
– Franchising agreements and licensing
– Planning of cash or equity incentive arrangements
– Record maintenance
– Outsourcing agreements
– Creating board structures
– Creating transaction structures for tax efficiency with the assistance of external tax specialists
– Drafting of liability and insurance specifics for directors and officers
– Executive compensation and management succession
– Private financings and management buyouts
– Legal compliance requirements
– Shareholder issues and relations
– Procurement bids
– Business plans and contracts
– Establishment of federal or ordinary corporations
– Establishment of professional corporations
– Drawing of shareholder, joint venture, or partnership agreements
– Registration of business names
– Sale or purchase of a business using assets or shares
– Partner or shareholder buyouts
Francis Lawyers is a reputable law firm providing services in Ottawa and surrounding areas since 1974.